20-year-old beauty queen Olivia Culpo representing the USA is the new Miss Universe.
Culpo was announced winner on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at the Planet Hollywood casino, Las Vegas, beating 88 other women to earn the coveted title.
After a series of catwalks down the runway which customarily included the swimsuit and evening gown sessions, five women were picked for the final stage; Miss Brazil (Gabriela Markus), Miss USA (Olivia Culpo), Miss Australia (Renae Ayris), Miss Philippines (Janine Tugonon) and Miss Venezuela (Irene Sofia Esser Quintero).
Miss Philippines came in second, while Miss Venezuela placed third. Nigeria’s Isabella Ayuk failed to make the final stage of the competition.
Culpo now takes over from former winner – Miss Universe 2012, Leila Lopes of Angola.
The contestants voted to give the Miss Congeniality crown to Miss Guatemala.
The pageant was hosted by Andy Cohen of the Bravo network and Giuliana Rancic of E! News and aired live on NBC. It was streamed to more than 100 countries
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Rema – Beamer (Bad Boyz) [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]