The organization recently had its say via a press statement, and the world has been reacting.
According to WHO, a record number of over 6,000 cities in 117 countries are now monitoring air quality, but the people living therein are still breathing unhealthy levels of fine particulate matter and nitrogen dioxide that can cause damage to the body.
WHO added that people in low and middle-income countries are actually more susceptible to the highest level of polluted air exposure.
It read, “Current energy concerns highlight the importance of speeding up the transition to cleaner, healthier energy systems.”
“High fossil fuel prices, energy security, and the urgency of addressing the twin health challenges of air pollution and climate change underscore the pressing need to move faster towards a world that is much less dependent on fossil fuels.”
”After surviving a pandemic, it is unacceptable to still have seven million preventable deaths and countless preventable lost years of good health due to air pollution. That’s what we’re saying when we look at the mountain of air pollution data, evidence, and solutions available. Yet too many investments are still being sunk into a polluted environment rather than in clean, healthy air.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2022 Mix
- Rexxie & Lil Frosh – Won Yabo
- White Money & Zoro – Na We We
- Afrobank Music & Tiwa Savage New Year Mix with DJ Promtwist
- D’banj – Face Show ft Skiibii & HollyHood Bay Bay
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- DJ 4kerty – Zazoo MixTape
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Mavin ft Crayon, Ayra Starr, LADIPOE, Magixx & Boy Spyce – Overdose
- Zinoleesky – Loving You
- Burna Boy – Last Last
- Spinall & Asake – Palazzo