This is according to the recent words from SERAP’s Deputy Director, Kolawole Oluwadare.
According to him, transparency is key in the recovery of all government funds, not just the one Sani Abacha stole.
He added that the citizens also have the right to ensure that Abacha loot is not mismanaged or re-stolen.
His words, “There is no doubt that Nigeria’s former dictator, Sani Abacha, stole about $5 billion of our commonwealth, according to Transparency International and other reports.”
“Any attempt to deny or trivialise this grand corruption and bad example of governance by Abacha is a disservice to democracy, rule of law, and an assault on transparency and accountability in Nigeria.”
“SERAP has for many years been pushing for transparency and accountability in the spending of recovered Abacha loot in particular and all recovered stolen public funds in general.”
“Therefore, the question is not whether Abacha stole. He absolutely stole! It’s rather, how transparent are the authorities in the spending of the recovered loot linked to Abacha.”
“Nigerians have a right to ensure that Abacha loot is not mismanaged or re-stolen.”
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Foreign [MixTape]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- 4X4 ft Davido – Baby Dance [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]