Bauchi State Government has sacked a staff of the state Ministry of Finance and Economic Development, Abbas Faggo, over alleged comments on his Facebook account about monumental corruption in the state.
Faggo was alleged to have specifically commented on the funding of the wedding ceremony of the eldest son of Governor Isah Yuguda, Idris Yuguda, ostensibly with public funds.
The letter of Faggo�s sack, signed by one Ibrahim Shehu for the state Head of Civil Service, dated November 13, 2012, entitled Termination of Appointment, with reference number GO/CSM/S/DIS/I/T.2, read in part: �I am directed to refer to the Civil Service Commission�s letter No CSC/PRO/s/001/T.V dated 1st November 2012, and to convey the commission�s approval for your suspension and termination of appointment from Bauchi State Service with effect from 10th October 2012 as your service is no longer required please.�
Before Faggo�s appointment was terminated, the state Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Almustapha Suleiman, had asked the police to investigate and prosecute him for the alleged Facebook publication, which he described as �injurious falsehood and defamation to Yuguda�s administration.�
However, when the police arraigned Faggo, his defence counsel tore the charge sheets to shreds, while the presiding Chief Magistrate, Adamu Mohammed Kafin Madaki discharged the accused person and strike out the case.
Culled from vanguard
SHARE AND DROP YOUR COMMENTS
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- Young Jonn – Incase [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- TareeQ – Medicine [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Skiibii – Banger ft Reekado Banks [AuDio]
- Fabulous Pizzy – My Prayer Point [AuDio]