The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed revealed this at a media briefing today in Abuja.
According to him, the deadly group did not use to discriminate between Christians and Muslims in the past but they have changed their strategy now and want to do everything possible to throw the nation into chaos.
He added they have seen how divisive religion can be and are very willing to exploit it.
His words, “Recall that Boko Haram insurgents didn’t use to discriminate between Christians and Muslims when they carried out their attacks in the past.
“Churches and mosques, Christians and Muslims were attacked without discrimination.
“When they targeted motor parks, the religion, gender, ethnicity or political leaning of the victims didn’t matter, as long as they inflicted the maximum damage to lives and property.
“But in the wake of a renewed onslaught by our tireless military against Boko Haram and their ISWAP allies in recent times, the insurgents have apparently changed their strategy:
“They have started targeting Christians and Christian villages for a specific reason, which is to trigger a religious war and throw the nation into chaos.
“Apparently, they have realised how emotive and divisive religion can be, when exploited by unscrupulous persons.”
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]
- Mani Lapussh – I Confess [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- May D & Davido – Lowo Lowo (Remix) [AuDio]
- Fabulous Pizzy – My Prayer Point [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]