Press statement from APC Chieftain Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s media office.
“All Progressives Congress National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is set to sue the management of the Daar Communications Limited, owners of the Africa Independent Television, AIT for the defamatory content of a documentary aired on Sunday.
Counsel to Asiwaju Tinubu, Tunji Abayomi, said a letter asking Daar Communications to apologize for the content and stop further airing was delivered this afternoon.
A part of the letter to AIT reads, “… You aired an hour long documentary focussing on our client (Bola Tinubu). Clearly pre-occupied with political resentment and hatred neither warranted, necessary, proper, or justified, you published several false allegations against our client… More disturbing is your misrepresentation that the said documentary was “sponsored” without disclosing the “sponsors”. You cannot under law, hide under media freedom to maliciously injure a citizen’s reputation”.
The letter also demanded for N20billion (Twenty Billion Naira) as cost of damage done to the reputation of its client failing which the client will sue the company.
Another part of the letter reads: “..to affirm the right of our client against your defamatory publication, we demand that you confirm to us within 24 hours of receipt of this letter, an apology and retraction of the said publication/documentary.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Celebrate [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Yemi Alade – Baddie
- WizKid – Come Closer ft Drake [AuDio]
- Davido – Skelewu [AuDio]
- Pasuma – Oloun O Je ft Qdot [AuDio]
- Dj Slam – Fresh MixTape vol.1
- Dj Ehyo – the Voluntary Mixtape
- Sexy Dj Trish – Wakeup Mix
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]