Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state has disclosed that President Buhari is not concerned about personal power and is willing to give up power if that is what Nigeria needs to progress.
The governor said this while commenting on one of the recommendations of the All Progressives Congress (APC) committee on restructuring. The committee recommended Devolution of power as one of the key things necessary for proper restructuring.
Devolution is the statutory delegation of powers from the central government of a sovereign state to govern at a regional or local level. It is a form of administrative decentralization. Devolved territories have the power to make legislation relevant to the area.
While speaking on Sunday Politics, a programme on Channels Television, El-Rufai said the president is fully aware of the implications of the provision and is excited about it. He said: �He was excited. He was very pleased and he said he fully supports what we have done and that he is looking forward to the party officially transmitting it to him for his necessary action.”
�President Buhari is not concerned about his personal power, he is concerned about Nigeria making progress.
�If giving up power will make Nigeria progress, he will give all of it up. Not just part of it but all of it. This is the real Buhari that many people don’t know.”
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]
- Mani Lapussh – I Confess [AuDio]
- Fabulous Pizzy – My Prayer Point [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan