The Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Command of Nigeria Customs Service yesterday arrested a passenger with over $320,000 at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, about boarding a Qatar Airways flight bound for Doha, in the Gulf region.
The passenger identified as Onwuekwe� Anthony Chidi, was checking in on Qatar Airways, when he declared the money, but could not explain the source of the currency as well as show adequate proof of his business to officials of Customs at the airport.
The passenger and the money have been handed over to officials of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for further investigations.
According to a statement signed by the Customs Area Controller, Mr. Eporwei Charles,��� �About� 13.00 hours on November 19, 2012, a� passenger by name Onwuekwe Anthony Chidi, with passport number A04086671 was checking in on Qatar Airways, he declared the sum of $320,000� on both forms CDFIA and CDFIB but could not explain the source of the currency nor show adequate proof of his business to the Customs officer.�
Meanwhile the money and suspect have been handed over to the EFCC for further investigations.
Culled from vanguard
SHARE AND DROP YOUR COMMENTS
- Rema – Soundgasm
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TMP – KIZO ft Bella Shmurda
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Fanzy Papaya – ParacetaMoney
- Hanu Jay & Mayorkun – Insane
- Magnito – Phakama ft Mimi South & Iyanya
- L.A.X – Pepe ft Davido
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]