He recently had his say while speaking to the press, and fans have been reacting.
According to him, he suffered a fall that nearly left him paralyzed when he was 19, and he broke his back badly enough to risk losing his spinal cord.
Bloom added that he was initially told he might not be able to walk again while receiving treatment at the hospital, but fate gave him a second chance.
His words, “When I was 19 I fell three floors from a window and broke my back. I was very fortunate to survive the fall because my spinal cord was still just intact.”
“And when I was in hospital, I was told for the first four days that I may never walk again.”
“That was really the beginning of what was a long and painful journey for me into recognizing and understanding some of the patterns that had been in my life that had led me to having numerous accidents.”
“And the culmination was breaking my back, which was a near-death experience.”
“I would say the months after the fall were quite a dark time. As somebody who’d sort of always been very active in my life, it felt very restrictive all of a sudden and I was in a lot of pain.”
“And I would say that, for me, the injury created time and space for me to look at my life, recognize what was good and great in my life, and the fact that I had this recovery, and then build that into the way that I live my life.”
“Because mental health is particularly challenging because it’s unseen.”
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Tekno – Alleluya [AuDio + Viral ViDeo]
- Sauti SoL – Isabella [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Joy / No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley Cover)
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- WizKid – Come Closer ft Drake [AuDio]
- Shuun Bebe – Who U Help [AuDio]
- Pasuma – Oloun O Je ft Qdot [AuDio]
- Flavour – Golibe (Acoustic Version) [AuDio]
- Awilo Longomba – Bundelele [AuDio]