Fast rising musician, Simi has opened up on why she left gospel music and the price of fame.
Excerpts from her interview with Punch
You began your career as a gospel act. Why did you go mainstream?
The first thing that comes to the mind is that I did it for monetary reasons. However music became about ‘more’; I wanted to have a broader purview. It was a tough decision for me to make at first. I wanted to explore music more. My faith in God hasn’t waivered because before I went mainstream, I prayed to God to bless my career if it was his plan for me. I also don’t see myself doing gospel music again.
What has fame cost you?
I don’t go out much but I love to go to regular places. I can’t do so any longer and I miss having a regular life because I am a regular girl.
Are you currently dating anyone?
I am in a relationship with someone else who is not Falzthebahdguy; we are just friends. My man is matured and understands the fact that I may be erroneously romantically linked with an artiste simply because we work on music projects together.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Sauti Sol – Live and Die in Afrika [Album]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Rema – Dumebi [AuDio]