Hakeem recently revealed that what she wore was totally unbecoming of her faith and her culture.
According to him, Muslim youths and parents need to stop copying cultures that are not Islamic, else they’ll go astray.
He added that seeing her dress that way on her special day was sad because it was unexpected from a devoted Muslim like her.
His words, “Today I saw pictures of a Muslim bride dressed in a manner totally unbecoming of her faith and culture,”
“Fewer things made me sadder. I appeal to our young people and us parents to stop aping cultures that are not ours.”
What do you think?
Mallam Nuhu Ribadu mni (born 21 November 1960) is a former Nigerian police officer and politician who was the Chairman of the Petroleum Revenue Task Force and a former Nigerian government anti-corruption official.
He was the pioneer Executive Chairman of Nigeria’s Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the government commission tasked with countering corruption and fraud. In April 2009, he became a visiting fellow at the Center for Global Development.
Ribadu studied law at Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria, Kaduna State from 1980 until 1983, receiving a Bachelor of Laws degree. Following a year at the Nigerian Law School, he was called to Bar in 1984. He also earned a Master of Laws degree from the same university.
He is a TED Fellow and a Senior Fellow in St. Antony’s College, University of Oxford, UK.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Rema – Beamer (Bad Boyz) [AuDio]