Oluremi Olayinka, a female staff of popular eatery, Sweet Sensation, was on Wednesday convicted and sentenced to 266 years imprisonment by Justice A.A Akinyemi of Ogun State High Court, Abeokuta, for stealing N8million belonging to her employer.
Vanguard reports ,she was sentenced to seven years on each of 30 counts and 14 years on the remaining four charges. The sentences are to run concurrently.Additionally, Justice Akinyemi ordered her to return the money she stole in restitution to her victim.
Ms. Olayinka was arraigned before Justice Akinyemi on May 13, 2014 following a petition, alleging that she stole the sum of N8,000,000 (Eight Million Naira), which she received on behalf of her employer.When the convict was confronted with the allegation, she admitted the crime only for her to dramatically pleaded not guilty upon arraignment.
In the course of trial, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission presented four witnesses and tendered 16 exhibits to prove its case against the convict.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Foreign [MixTape]