A former governor of Oyo State, Alhaji Lamidi Adesina, has died at the age of 73.
Adesina, who died at St. Nicholas Hospital, Lagos, after a protracted illness, would have celebrated his 74th birthday next January.
Gov. Abiola Ajimobi, who announced the death in Ibadan on Sunday, said Adesina, was until his death, a National Leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).
He will be buried on Sunday at his Felele, Ibadan residence at 4 p.m. according to Islamic rites.
The State Government had declared a seven-day mourning in honour of the late Adesina, who was a former teacher of Ajimobi.
A government statement said during the mourning period, all official state functions would be suspended and the national flag flown at half mast.
The statement was signed by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Media, Dr Festus Adedayo.
Ajimobi described Adesina in the statement as �a dedicated patriot, foremost defender of democracy and human rights and political war-horse who had always stood on the side of truth��.
SHARE AND DROP YOUR COMMENTS
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussH – Last Last [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Young Jonn – Incase [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Foreign [MixTape]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]