A hawaii woman’s last name is a real mouthful, containing 36 characters and 19 syllables in all. And it’s so long she couldn’t get a driver’s license with her correct name.
Janice ‘Lokelani’ keihanaikukaukahihuliheekahaunaele is in the midst of a fight with state and local officials to ensure that her full name gets listed on a license or ID card. Her name is pronounced: KAY’-ee-hah-nah-EE’-coo-COW’-ah-KAY’-hee-HOO’-lee-heh-eh-KAH’-how-NAH-eh-leh.
The documents only have room for 35 characters. Her name has 35 letters plus a mark used in the hawaiian alphabet, called an Okina.
So hawaii county instead issued her driver’s license and her state ID with the last letter chopped off. And it omitted her first name.
Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele got the name when she married her hawaiian husband in 1992.
Typing the name is even tiring not to talk of pronouncing.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]