A hawaii woman’s last name is a real mouthful, containing 36 characters and 19 syllables in all. And it’s so long she couldn’t get a driver’s license with her correct name.
Janice ‘Lokelani’ keihanaikukaukahihuliheekahaunaele is in the midst of a fight with state and local officials to ensure that her full name gets listed on a license or ID card. Her name is pronounced: KAY’-ee-hah-nah-EE’-coo-COW’-ah-KAY’-hee-HOO’-lee-heh-eh-KAH’-how-NAH-eh-leh.
The documents only have room for 35 characters. Her name has 35 letters plus a mark used in the hawaiian alphabet, called an Okina.
So hawaii county instead issued her driver’s license and her state ID with the last letter chopped off. And it omitted her first name.
Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele got the name when she married her hawaiian husband in 1992.
Typing the name is even tiring not to talk of pronouncing.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]