They revealed this recently in Benin after the party’s stakeholders’ meeting.
According to them, several political parties contesting the governorship election must tell their supporters to be law-abiding, peaceful, and ensure violence-free electioneering.
Obaseki added that he is not weak as a governor and he intends to respect human rights during the polls.
Tambuwal said, “I am appealing to both sides and to leaders of the various political parties participating in the governorship election to continue to encourage their supporters to refrain from unleashing mayhem and violence on the electorate.
“This appeal has become necessary following a small crowd of a political party that came to the Benin Monarch’s palace to boo leaders and supporters of the PDP during the flag-off of our campaign.
“That is a sign that the political party is planning violence.
“I appeal to leaders of the various political parties, with the interest of Edo State at heart, to speak with their followers and make sure the election is free and fair.”
Obaseki added, “I am not weak as a governor but I believe in respecting human rights,”
“I believe my powers should be used responsibly, particularly in the face of provocation, and especially what the other party did in the palace by attacking our supporters in an attempt to provoke me.”
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]
- Fabulous Pizzy – My Prayer Point [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Mani Lapussh – I Confess [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan