She revealed this during a recent interview with NPR on Sunday.
According to her, she does not want to keep remembering the experience and she is happy to be a very strong woman right now.
She added that she is pleased with how she handled the situation gracefully.
Her words, “I do feel I was a victim to certain abuse [during the relationship],”
Yes, and I think that it’s something that — I had to find a way to understand it as an adult.”
“As much as I definitely don’t want to spend the rest of my life talking about this, I am really proud that I can say I feel the strongest I’ve ever felt and I’ve found a way to just walk through it with as much grace as possible.”
On her hit track titled “Lose You To Love Me,” “I’m very proud of [the song],”
“I felt I didn’t get a respectful closure and I had accepted that, but I know I needed some way to just say a few things that I wish I had said.”
“It’s not a hateful song; it’s a song that is saying — I had something beautiful and I would never deny that it wasn’t that… It was very difficult and I’m happy it’s over.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussh – xClusive
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Basketmouth – Pepper Soup ft Duncan Mighty & Ice Prince
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)