He recently had his say while speaking to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, the leadership of the party are aware that their presidential candidate, Peter Obi did not win the election, but they keep trying to force a lie on Nigerians, especially youths, that the reverse is the case.
Soyinka added that he is committed to always speaking the truth, and nothing will make him say otherwise.
His words, “This recent election – two things happened, first of all. One party took over the labour movement, which is not my favourite movement, and then it became a regional party.”
“Whereas it was a marvellous breach into the established two camps. Peter Obi achieved something remarkable there, that he broke that mould. However, he did not win the election.”
“I can say categorically that Peter Obi’s party came third, not even second and the leadership knew it but they want to do what we call in Yoruba ‘gbajue’, that is, force of lies.”
“They were going to send some of the hardliners, proud young people into the street to demonstrate. I’m also ready to be among such demonstrators but only on the banner of truth not on lies, and deceit.”
“This party wanted the same thing (referring to 2011 post-election violence) to happen on the basis of a lie and we found this vice-presidential candidate on television boasting, insisting, threatening and trying to intimidate both the judiciary and the rest.”
“What kind of government will result from that kind of conduct? In addition, they did not know this but they were being used.”
“Before the election, there were certain clandestine forces, including some ex-generals, who were already calling for an interim government before the elections began.”
“Some of them were known figures, including a proprietor of a university calling for an interim government before the election took place.”
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)
- Wizkid – Joy / No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley Cover)
- Tekno – Alleluya [AuDio + Viral ViDeo]
- Sauti SoL – Isabella [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Shuun Bebe – Who U Help [AuDio]
- WizKid – Come Closer ft Drake [AuDio]
- Pasuma – Oloun O Je ft Qdot [AuDio]
- Flavour – Golibe (Acoustic Version) [AuDio]
- Awilo Longomba – Bundelele [AuDio]