She is 47 and happily married to her 3rd husband. She has been keeping the dreads for 25years now. Meanwhile, doctors have advised her to cut her hair for health reasons.
# She stopped cutting her hair in her 20s
# The uncut locks is about 25 years old
# Her hair weighs about 39 pounds (17.7kg)
# Though she underwent a bilateral mastectomy followed by chemotherapy in the late 1990s, miraculously, her hair didn’t fall out
# In 2008, she was the first person to obtain the Guinness World Record for longest dreadlocks, and a year later, she broke her own record with a strand measuring 19 feet, 6 inches.
In 2010, Guinness decided to retire the category, since dreadlocks can be lengthened by twisting in extensions, making Mandela the first and only record holder.
See more pictures below:
We would love to know your thoughts on this post. Drop your comments
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Hanu Jay & Mayorkun – Insane
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Oritse Femi – Baby ft Iyanya
- Patoranking – Celebrate Me
- Olamide – PonPon ft Fave
- Rema – Soundgasm
- TMP – KIZO ft Bella Shmurda
- Fanzy Papaya – ParacetaMoney
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]