The popular Bikini catwalk of the Miss World Beauty Pageant has been axed from this year’s contest � so it doesn’t upset hardline Muslims in Indonesia where the 2013 competition will be held.
Since this is the first time the pageant is going to the Far East country, the organizers do not want to take chance with indecent exposure as they are wary of threats from religious zealots.
In a bid to calm any tensions, all the 137 women will ditch the traditional swimsuit round and instead wear more conservative outfits like sarongs.
The move comes after pop icon Lady Gaga was last year forced to cancel a concert in the world’s most populous Muslim country even after having sold over 52,000-seats�-cops ordered her to pull out because of threats.
At the time, fundamentalists accused Gaga of �satanic teaching” and called her �vulgar” and it is such threats that the Miss World organizers are trying to avoid in September.
The pageant’s chairwoman Julia Morley has said: �I do not want to upset or get anyone in a situation where we are being disrespectful.
�We treasure respect for all the countries that take part in the pageant,” she said.
We would love to know your thoughts on this post. Drop your comments
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]