The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, has disclosed that Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gunpowder based on the rising rate of unemployment in the country.
The Ooni made the statement in Ile Ife, as he stated that Nigerian youths are getting wilder and wilder by the day, Vanguard reports.
The Ooni said: “70 percent of our people are youths and we are not even talking about birth control. Every weekend, you will be getting invitations to weddings after wedding, children will come. Nobody is talking about these things. So it is about time we used our culture, heritage and tradition to mould and mentor the up-coming ones.”
The highly respected traditional leader also supported the clamour for the country’s restructuring, saying that it has its own advantages. He said: “I am not a politician, so I can only advise. But what is ideal for us is for every region to focus on their comparative advantage. Competition is the best. You thrive in a healthy competition.
“If one region does better than the others, the other regions can come and borrow from that region. It is still Nigeria first. Nobody is saying it shouldn’t be Nigeria. Let us create competitions in the regions. It worked before. It will work again.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – As E Dey Go [AuDio]