Rihanna has won a multi-million dollar settlement after she nearly went broke based on bad advice from her accountant, a source exclusively tells Page Six. of the NY post.
Rihanna, suing under her real name Robyn Fenty, sued claiming accountant Peter Gounis andthe firm�Berdon LLP gave her the�green light�to buy a $7 million Southern California house even though she was bleeding�cash�in 2009.
�The�defendants�advised Ms. Fenty by e-mail that purchasing a home�in Los Angeles‘would be a good investment’ despite knowing Ms. Fenty was experiencing financial difficulties,” wrote Rihanna’s lawyer Edward Estrada. It was claimed that she lost $9 million, leaving her with just $2 million at the end of 2009.
Rihanna’s lawyers claimed Gounis was aware the house she was buying was rotting from water and mold damage, forcing her to spend more than $1 million on improvements before selling it for nearly $2 million less than what she paid.
Rihanna fired the accountants and sued them for $35 million in 2012.
Now we are told�the firm�has offered the singer a settlement of more than $10 million, and papers are due to be signed this week.Reps for Rihanna, whose financial position has vastly improved recently after earning enough to put her worth at about $43 million
See house below:
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]