Rihanna, suing under her real name Robyn Fenty, sued claiming accountant Peter Gounis andthe firm Berdon LLP gave her the green light to buy a $7 million Southern California house even though she was bleeding cash in 2009.
The defendants advised Ms. Fenty by e-mail that purchasing a home in Los Angeles ‘would be a good investment’ despite knowing Ms. Fenty was experiencing financial difficulties, wrote Rihanna’s lawyer Edward Estrada. It was claimed that she lost $9 million, leaving her with just $2 million at the end of 2009.
Rihanna’s lawyers claimed Gounis was aware the house she was buying was rotting from water and mold damage, forcing her to spend more than $1 million on improvements before selling it for nearly $2 million less than what she paid.
Rihanna fired the accountants and sued them for $35 million in 2012.
Now we are told the firm has offered the singer a settlement of more than $10 million, and papers are due to be signed this week. Reps for Rihanna, whose financial position has vastly improved recently after earning enough to put her worth at about $43 million
See house below:
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Jamopyper & Davido – Better Better (Remix)
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Teeblaq – Gbemileke Remix ft Sound Sultan
- 2Baba & Falz – Rise Up
- Rudeboy – Focus
- Yemi Alade – Enjoyment [AuDio]
- Buju – Testimony
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Akuchi – Whyne