The Nollywood actress recently shared a slideshow of their loved-up moments with a cut-off of Charlie Puth and Wiz Khalifa’s “See You Again” hit as the background song.
It had the lyrics, “First, you both go out your way and the vibe is feeling strong. And what’s small turned to a friendship, a friendship turned to a bond. And that bond will never be broken, the love will never get lost (the love will never get lost)”
Nollywood is a sobriquet that originally referred to the Nigerian film industry. The origin of the term dates back to the early 2000s, traced to an article in The New York Times. Due to the history of evolving meanings and contexts, there is no clear or agreed-upon definition for the term, which has made it a subject to several controversies.
The origin of the term “Nollywood” remains unclear; Jonathan Haynes traced the earliest usage of the word to a 2002 article by Matt Steinglass in the New York Times, where it was used to describe Nigerian cinema.
Charles Igwe noted that Norimitsu Onishi also used the name in a September 2002 article he wrote for the New York Times. The term continues to be used in the media to refer to the Nigerian film industry, with its definition later assumed to be a portmanteau of the words “Nigeria” and “Hollywood”, the American major film hub.
Film-making in Nigeria is divided largely along regional, and marginally ethnic and religious lines. Thus, there are distinct film industries – each seeking to portray the concern of the particular section and ethnicity it represents. However, there is the English-language film industry which is a melting pot for filmmaking and filmmakers from most of the regional industries.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Guchi & Yemi Alade – I Swear
- Solidstar – Kaluba
- Dj Clatiny ft Terry G – Special Hype Mixtape vol.8
- DJ Samlegxy – Woju Movement [MixTape]
- Dj Bolux – Best of Burna Boy [MixTape]
- DJ Neptune – Sounds Of Neptune (Afrobeat Lockdown Mix)
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2022 Mix
- Stan Slim – Green Light ft Adama & Lost Pearl [AuDio]
- Reekado Banks – Corner [AuDio]
- May D – I Wanna Know [AuDio]
- DJ Guchi – Shisha ft Popito, Staizz, Cheddah, Saywat [AuDio]
- 7 of the saddest Nigerian songs released in the last ten years