Ngige recently revealed this when he spoke with reporters at Alor in Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State.
According to him, even if the pupils are at home on the forced holiday, they still need to be fed since the food can spoil despite being already budgeted for.
He added that the people producing these food items are enjoying a boost in their business as cooks are also generating employment by hiring extra hands.
His words, “The school feeding homegrown programme is necessary as it makes it possible to feed a child one quality meal daily for the development of his or her mental health.
“Secondly, those producing these food items would be enjoying a boost in their business. The cooks are also generating employment, as they hire many hands to assist them.
“Besides, the food suppliers had been mobilised when the schools were in session and they bought the food, most of which are perishable. The cooks are also being paid whether they cook or not.
“So in the wisdom of Mr. President, he felt that these foods should be sent to the parents at home, so that the continuity of its benefits will not be derailed.”
“The way it was designed was such that the state government should appoint a focal person who directs the affairs.
“This is because it is the state governments that run the schools and they know the number of pupils in their schools. They also have the data and addresses of the parents.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay