X Factor tycoon Simon Cowell talks candidly for the first time about stealing his best friend’s wife and getting her pregnant, admitting he is ashamed of his own behaviour.
Cowell tells today’s Mail on Sunday Event magazine:
‘I’m not proud of the circumstances, I can’t hold my head up about it.’
Cowell is believed to have started his affair with his now partner Lauren in 2009 when she was married to millionaire property developer Andrew Silverman. The affair became public at the end of July 2013 when news broke of Lauren’s pregnancy.
He admits it was not planned and reveals that he only found out when an assistant called him out of a meeting saying his girlfriend needed to speak to him urgently.He says:
‘This was not something I planned. But I remember going to the first scan with Lauren.‘I called him Tad because he looked like a tadpole. Something just kicked in. I felt unbelievably protective of both of them. I just absolutely wanted him. I just hadn’t known that before.’
Though Lauren, 38, is now divorced, Cowell won’t be drawn on any wedding plans, and the multi-millionaire says he is not a ‘conventional dad’ to 21-month-old Eric, partly because he is ‘not a conventional man’.
He doesn’t change nappies or prepare feeds but is clearly devoted. He says:
‘I adore my son. We make each other laugh. We play with the dogs. I’ve taught him to share, to say please and thank you. Whatever he has he offers it to me.’
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]