A group of people dressed as Batman, Robin, David Hasselhoff and a Smurf helped police officers catch a criminal in an East Lothian supermarket.
A man dressed as Robin was on Eskview road in Musselburgh when he was assaulted just before 20:00 on Friday.
He and his friends, who were in all fancy dress, called the police before chasing the attacker into Tesco.
After a scuffle in their toilet roll aisle, a 21-year old man was arrested. He later pleaded guilty in court.
The incident came to light after East Lothian Police tweeted about it, thanking the fancy-dressed group for their help.
One tweet read : “Thank you to Batman, Robin, Robin’s dad, a Smurf, and the Hoff for helping us on friday night. #Tesco, sorry about the toilet roll aisle.”
Another tweet by police officers in East Lothian read : “Robin assaulted, police called, collective assisted our foot chase, minor upset to shelving in Tescos during arrest, you couldn’t script it!”
A Police Scotland spokesman said : “A 21-year old man was arrested and charged in connection with an assault in Eskview road, Musselburgh, on Friday 1 November.
“He was remanded in custody until Monday 4th November, where he appeared in court and pled guilty to the offence.”
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]