He recently had his say while speaking to the press, and fans have been reacting.
According to him, he believes that trauma was one of the reasons he abused drugs and alcohol, even if he is yet to touch a narcotic in 20 years now.
Bobby Brown added that he was actually sent to a religious facility by social services after he witnessed his mother Carole being beaten and arrested by police.
His words, “It wasn’t a very nice place to be for a child,’ Bobby recalled in his upcoming A&E Biography docuseries.”
“One of the priests tried to molest me. He tried to touch my private parts…At that time, I was a young boy. I didn’t know what sexual boundaries were. I just knew I didn’t like being touched. Some things are hard to forget.”
“I had tucked it down so deep into my soul that I didn’t think that I would talk about it again,’ the My Prerogative hitmaker told People on Tuesday.”
“But talking about it really helped me get through a lot of other things that had been bothering me, especially that. That really, really bothered me as a child. And as a grown adult, I think it was part of the reason I did things, other things – drugs, alcohol, why I abused myself. But being able to talk about it and get it out helps a lot.”
On his kids, “We look at our children now going, “Wow! He was Cassius’ age when he saw that, witnessed that, had to endure that,”
“And so, yeah, that perspective is interesting as well.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Jesse Jagz – Opportunity (High-Life) [AuDio]
- Reminisce ft Olamide & Endia – Government (Ijoba)
- Bracket – Nana [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Sweet Potato [AuDio]
- Jahborne ft Sound Sultan – Fine Girl [AuDio]
- Vector – Follow Me Dey Go (Remix) ft 2face [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Celebrate [AuDio]
- Wizkid ft Wale – Drop [AuDio]
- Reminisce ft Wizkid – Eleniyan [AuDio]
- Flavour – I’m For Real [AuDio]