An English teacher was given a three-day well-deserved suspension for assigning eighth graders Lil Wayne lyrics as homework. Seriously, who does that?
The students were given the uncensored lyrics of Weezy’s �6 Foot 7 Foot” single and tasked with pointing out the uses of figurative language.
Given the bad words, threesome reference, and other sexually explicit mentions, parents were understandably unhappy with the assignment. �This is crazy. They shouldn’t be giving this to kids in school,” said Vanessa Guzman, whose son got the homework assignment. �I’m uncomfortable reading any of this.”
�They shouldn’t be teaching this stuff in school for language arts,” continued Guzman. �I mean, who in their right mind would give kids something like this?”
The School head master acknowledged the mistake and explained, �The lesson was for students to learn to identify literary devices. The teacher had already introduced Edgar Allen Poe and Shakespeare. Students were having difficulty grasping the concepts of literary devices such as pun, simile, metaphor, so the teacher used colloquial material.
Teaching materials are typically approved by school officials before being distributed to students. �This material did not meet the school’s standards and was not approved,” he said. �The teacher recognizes that it was totally inappropriate for a school assignment.”
Lol!! What was he thinking
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan