Toyin Lawani took to her Instagram to share the stories of two Nigerians she took in and made part of her ‘swag family’, and these stories are deeply moving. �I see the best in people always and try to help the little way I can,” the designer and celebrity stylist wrote on Instagram, adding, � Even if you are Deaf and dumb, I believe everyone has something to offer .”
And then she went on to tell how she met Lekan- a former squeegee, and Gladys who is unable to hear and unable to talk.
� The 1st day I set my eyes on Lekan years ago, he cleaned the glass of my Range Rover Sport on Adeola odeku ,” the mum of two said, and told in details, how Lekan slept at the Bar Beach at nights and worked as a cleaner by morning just to be able to raise funds and care for this grandmother.
� I told him if I gave him a job would he be happy, he said yes ,” Lawani said. She took Lekan in and he moved up from being a cleaner to working full time as a hair stylist. Lekan officially changed his name to ‘Lawani’, becoming a member of her family.
For Gladys, she started with working as a cleaner, to ‘fixing buttons’ at Lawani’s workplace. But it all changed when Gladys dared to make baby’s pants, and the impressed designer encouraged the impaired woman to improve on her skills. �Now she makes cloths for people like Wizkid, Davido, Lil Kesh, Wandecoal, Benbruce, Darey, Ciara, etc.
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan