At the end of their experiment, they discovered that it could cure bad breath.
It also has many properties which are, its cancer-fighting properties, rare antioxidants, benefits the heart and circulatory system, helps with weight control and improves reproduction in men.
In chat with Vanguard, they spoke on their project � Walnut: Sustainable Solution to Halitosis, which they presented at the 2014 Intel International Science and Engineering Fair held in Los Angeles, USA in June.
They conducted the the experiment with 35 volunteers, which were divided into four groups to use the walnut, as well as the Walnut chewing gum and the Walnut mouthwash.
�Before they took the walnut and walnut products, they were made to blow bubbles into the solution and then we recorded how long it took to turn the solution black. What turns the solution black is hydrogen sulphide and that is what causes mouth odour. So if it takes a short time, that means the mouth odour is actually very bad. Then after the experiment, they were also made to blow bubbles into the solution and this time, it was noticed that there was significant time lapse before the solution turned black.
When the control group who had bacteria in their mouths, blew bubbles into the solution, it turned black while it remained clear when the other groups blew bubbles into it. So we knew that the walnut was actually working to cure halitosis.”
They won a Life Science Award of $1,000 in the Medicine and Health Science category.
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Flex [ViDeo]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]