The actor revealed this to the folks at Punch Newspapers, whilst speaking on how Nollywood actors & actresses neglect their health. In his own words;
�I have been living with diabetes since 1996 and I don’t look ill or take my health for granted. I am very close to my doctors. I keep the relationship sacred because they have really helped me in many ways. I have never fallen ill or had an emergency because I pay special attention to my diet and body.
�Many of these artistes don’t take their health seriously and it is a serious challenge for us. Sometime ago, an insurance company came to institute an insurance cover for the association and because they had dropped a huge amount of money, we simply asked all the members to pay a token of N1,000 each to have access to unlimited healthcare.
But you won’t believe that out of over 12,000 members, less than 800 indicated interest in the scheme and paid the money. Since it was not up to what was invested and required of us, so we had to jettison the idea. The government can also assist by ensuring strict compliance in line with enabling laws.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Shadow – Trauma
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema
- Edanos – Woman Crush Everyday