Sources have revealed that tanker drivers have declined to take products to the FCT due to bad road network and high diesel prices, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to a source, as of Tuesday, marketers were ready to pay as much as N1.2m to take products to Abuja, but no driver was ready to put their lives and tankers on the line.
He added that there is enough product, but drivers are just unwilling to go there.
His words, “As of Tuesday, marketers were ready to pay as much as N1.2m to take products to Abuja, but no driver was ready to put their lives and tankers on the line. There is enough product but drivers are unwilling to go there.”
“When price of petrol was increased last month, the dollar was between N600 to N620, but it is now N700. Cost of hiring a vessel is now $50,000 per day, including NNPC trucks. It costs more than $50,000 per day to take products to states like Calabar, and we still pay for vessels in dollars.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2022 Mix
- Fireboy DML – Compromise ft Rema
- T.I Blaze – My Life
- Bella Shmurda – New Born Fela
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Carter Efe & Berri Tiga – Machala
- Afrobank Music & Tiwa Savage New Year Mix with DJ Promtwist
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- DJ 4kerty – Zazoo MixTape
- Mr Eazi – Personal Baby
- Tiwa Savage & Zinoleesky – Jaiye Foreign