A Nigerian man has been arrested in Thailand for deceiving women into transferring him money as a part of a romance scam.
The suspect identified as Light Chinezurum Mmaramigro was arrested on Friday morning, April 27, at his apartment in Bangkok after he posed as an online suitor, engaging in romantic relationships with Thai women before asking them to transfer him money.
According to the deputy commissioner of tourist police, Maj. Gen. Surachet Hakpal, Mmaramigro created a fake Facebook profile under the name Stanley George, with several pictures of a Caucasian man.
After chatting with Thai women for some time, he would trick them into transferring him money before deleting his Facebook account. Mmaramigro had made more than 130,000 baht this way.
Police seized a computer, mobile phone, ATM cards and bank books found in his room. They said Mmaramigo has previously entered the country 13 times.
The deputy commissioner has encouraged the victims to come front and report to police.
“Come forward. Don’t be shy. Cooperate with police,” Surachet said during a Friday press conference.
“This is a transnational crime. This is a cybercrime. The foreigners cannot do us harm if we see through their tricks”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Flex [ViDeo]
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]