Ali Ndume, who is the Chairman of Senate Committee on the Nigerian Army revealed this in Maiduguri today.
According to him, several successes have been recorded within 2 months of Tukur’s stay in the area and the recent breakthroughs have been mostly down to his presence at the location.
He added that the army is currently in the last stage of uprooting the insurgents in Lake Chad fringes, Sambisa forest, and Mandara Mountain.
His words, “Definitely the coming of COAS has made visible difference. He has taken a break after two months, to re-strategise because the remaining areas are delicate, because they are mixed with civilians being held hostage by the insurgents.
“The army needs to sort that out to avoid high level of collateral damage; they need to strategise for the last push.”
“I don’t know what happened from Thursday that I left Abuja, but before Thursday you can quote me on that, no money has been released to the army as their capital allocation 2020 and we are in June.
“The president has been giving presidential orders on tackling insecurity but some people responsible for providing the army with funding are not responding. That’s what is baffling me.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- NaijaVibe at 10 MixTape
- Wande Coal – Baby Face [AuDio]
- SpyDaMan – Real Man Love ft M.I Abaga [AuDio]
- Ric Hassani – Only You [AuDio]
- Shadow – Granny’s Baby EP
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- Deejay HighBee – Best Of 2face #FORTYFIED [MixTape]
- Dj kaywise – Wedding Mix [MixTape]
- Dj OsAs & Dj MoreMuzic & AU-Pro – December Party [MixTape]
- Dj Chascolee – Octo Miles Nija At 57 [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – Marlians Pawon Mix
- Afrobank Music & Tiwa Savage New Year Mix with DJ Promtwist