Former vice president of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, has replied President Muhammadu Buhari over his recent comment on his waxing popularity. Atiku said Nigerians will decide who will be president between them by 2019.
President Buhari had earlier said that his popularity was waxing stranger during his two-day trip to Kano.
Buhari said: �I am overwhelmed with the massive reception I have received and definitely, since this is partisan politics, I think it has sent a clear message to the opposition.
�Even going by the details of the election results in 2003, 2007 and 2011, it was very clear that nobody could even dare to rig my scores from the elections in Kano.
�It has been so consistent and I don’t think I have the vocabulary to express my thanks to the people of Kano.
�I am very grateful to God and the people of Kano for the complete trust you have in me.
�My problem is Nigeria and I have been involved in almost all the instability Nigeria experienced � the civil war, the coups and counter-coups. That was why I said during my swearing-in that �I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody.
�Nigeria is my target and I will continue to maintain focus.”
Atiku’s spokesman, Paul Ibe reacted on behalf of his boss saying Nigerians will decide who is worthy in 2019, The Punch reports.
Ibe said: �The only thing I can tell you is that Nigerians will decide 2019. Nobody else can decide but Nigerians.”
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]