PDP candidate, Senator Douye Diri and his wife, Gloria have exercised their franchise in Sampou Community of Kolokuma /Opokuma Local Government Area.
Senator Diri voted at exactly 10:36 am at Polling Unit 4 Ward 6, while his wife voted a few minutes later at Polling Unit 3, Ward 6.
Reports have it that voting was delayed and began around 10:am because of flooding which disrupted access to the community.
INEC officials came with all materials at 8:am but found it hard to access the polling units.
Some INEC officials and conveners even had to arrive by canoes to the polling units in Isampou and Kalama Communities.
We await the end of the election and results.
Douye Diri is a Nigerian politician. He is the senator representing Bayelsa Central senatorial district of Bayelsa state at the Nigerian 9th National Assembly and gubernatorial standard bearer of the PDP for Bayelsa state November 2019 Elections.
Bayelsa is a state in southern Nigeria in the core Niger Delta region, between Delta State and Rivers State. Its capital is Yenagoa. The main language spoken is Ijaw with dialects such as Kolukuma, Mein, Bomu, Nembe, Epie-Atisa, and Ogbia. Like the rest of Nigeria, English is the official language. The state was formed in 1996 from part of Rivers State and is thus one of the newest states of the Nigerian federation.
Bayelsa state was created out of Rivers state on October 1, 1996 by the Sani Abacha’s military government. Its name was derived from the first few letters of the names of the major local government areas from which it was formed – Brass LGA (BALGA), Yenagoa (YELGA) and Sagbama (SALGA). Hence BAYELSA was derived from the letters BA + YEL + SA.
Bayelsa State has one of the largest crude oil and natural gas deposits in Nigeria. As a result, petroleum production is extensive in the state. However, the majority of Bayelsans live in poverty.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Limbuzee – Big Dreams ft Erigga [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Johnny Drille & LadiPoe – Hold On [AuDio]