This is coming after Nigerians mocked him for dressing like a guy to his father’s birthday.
Reacting, he revealed that before we jump on social media to condemn, we must know that there is no template to be a role model and there is the posterity that will judge all of us.
He added that Nigeria is still one of the most dangerous places to be a Trans person, and while we may not like the narrative they are showing to Nigerians, there is little we can do about that.
His words, “Dear Nigeria LGB friends,
Lets talk about Bobrisky and the unintended consequences of misgendering them in our anger.
As many of you will know, I am not their number 1 fan, but I respect them.
I feel there is no template to be a role model and there is posterity that will judge all of us.
However, using a gender pronoun they have come out to say they dont use for themself is an act of violence.
Nigeria is still one of the most dangerous place to be a Trans person and while we may not like the narrative they are showing to Nigerians, there is little we can do about that.
However, one thing firmly in our control is to recognise their gender and call them that.
If in your anger, you misgender them, then you are worse than them and you are nothing but a Transphobe and I know that many of you dont mean to go that path.
So, in our anger, let us recognise our solidarity for the Trans community in Nigeria.
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]