The Catholic Archbishop of Lagos, Rev. Alfred Martins, has said terrorist groups, Boko Haram, ISWAP and the rest like them, are holding Nigeria to ransom.
He said this while speaking at the celebration of the 53rd World Day of Peace at the Holy Cross Cathedral, Lagos.
According to Alfred, the nation’s security has to be taken more seriously if these deadly groups are to be defeated.
He added that they are making life unbearable for the citizens.
His words, “Therefore, I plead with the Federal Government to put more decisive measures in place to curb the lingering cases of insecurity in the country in 2020.
“It is important that the security architecture of the nation be reviewed from time to time, even if it means changing personalities.
“So, I want them to focus a lot more on security as well as do a lot more in providing infrastructure necessary for growth.”
“Leaders of any nation are going to get the best from the people, only if they listen to them and dialogue with them.
“When there is exchange of ideas and thoughts, then it is possible to really harness the energies that are within the nation.
“If any leader is interested in the country or people, then such a leader needs to seek peace and seek dialogue, to achieve that peace.”
“This has become necessary to curb the numerous divisive tendencies that have held the country hostage for years and hindered it from attaining real growth and development.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- Young Jonn – Incase [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussH – Last Last [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Dj Baddo – Foreign [MixTape]
- Fabulous Pizzy – My Prayer Point [AuDio]