President Buhari has revealed that he quietly reprimanded the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, over the killings in Benue State.
The President made this known at the Government House Makurdi yesterday during a town-hall meeting with leaders of various groups in the state.
Presidential spokesman, Mr Femi Adesina quoted Buhari as saying that he was not in the habit of publicly rebuking his appointees as many would desire.
The president said he preferred to quietly “read the riot act” as he did to the Inspector General of Police when the Benue attacks began.
He disclosed that he even shared the IGP’s security report on the Benue crisis with Senators George Akume and Barnabas Gemade from the state.
Also, the president while responding to remarks by various stakeholders during the meeting urged them to show restraint and allow the security agencies to handle the untenable situation.
“The governor and I, and others here know that we will leave one day, but the relationship between farmers and herders will continue. I urge you to keep in touch with them and advise them to live peacefully. Nigeria has over 250 ethnic groups with different cultures and nobody can question God for putting us together,” he said.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Runtown – For Life [AuDio]