Cardi B, in her profile for the magazine, discussed rejecting the feminist label. She said:
You know what? I’m not even gonna consider myself nothing.
Here’s the thing that b***hes got me f***ed up when it comes to that word. People think that being a feminist is a b***h that, like, went to school.
They wear skirts all the way to their motherf***ing ankles like a goddamn First Lady. That’s not being a feminist. Being a feminist is being equal to do what a man do. Niggas hustle, and I hustle niggas.
Cardi B, who used to be a stripper, described the gratification she gets from rapping and performing is different from what she gets from dancing. She said:
I get really happy when people see me perform and they’re rapping my music, but it’s a different feeling when you’re dancing and the men throwing you money because you look good.
It’s just like when the rice is getting thrown at the bride.
That s**t really make you feel powerful. It’s the power of the p***y. It’s just like you’ve got to finesse it.
She also discussed carrying a razor blade on her for safety. She said:
I used to carry it in my mouth. I’d carry a gun, but it’s New York! We caint! But I get threats. I always have a little schomthing on me. That’s just how I was raised.
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]