The transformation of love to disgust is getting so real for R.Kelly as Celine Dion recently joined the long list of celebrities trying to have nothing to do with him by removing her 1998 R. Kelly duet “I’m Your Angel” from all digital streaming platforms.
The tune, which was number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, was part of Celine’s Christmas album “These Are Special Times.”
The record was also nominated for Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals at the 1999 Grammys.
“I’m Your Angel” is still available to stream on R. Kelly’s R., as well as the compilations The R. in R&B Collection, Vol. 1 and The Essential R. Kelly. Kelly is credited as the primary artist on those releases.
Following Dion’s removal request—as reported by TMZ—the song no longer features on any releases attributed to Dion herself.
Dion’s decision to take “I’m Your Angel” off DSPs came after Lifetime aired the documentary series “Surviving R. Kelly,” in which many people talk about Kelly’s history of alleged abuse.
Several artistes who have collaborated with R. Kelly, like Chance the Rapper, Lady Gaga, and Phoenix—have also apologized for their collaborations.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Rema – Soundgasm
- Magnito – Phakama ft Mimi South & Iyanya
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- TMP – KIZO ft Bella Shmurda
- L.A.X – Pepe ft Davido
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Fanzy Papaya – ParacetaMoney