Chidinma Ekile went to visit some secondary schools in Onike where she inspired the girls and shared some goodies with them.
The outing was part of a CSR project sponsored by telecom firm MTN, of which she is a brand ambassador, and was directed at the development of girl child education in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole.
Chidinma’s music career has grown exponentially since she won the MTN Project fame in 2010 but success has not come without it’s sacrifices. A life experience which she did not fail to she share with the girls:
Growing up wasn’t so easy. I grew up in Ketu, Lagos. I have six siblings and I’m the last. We all sing. I didn’t have everything I wanted as a child but it was comfortable enough. Both parents are from Imo state. I had both primary and secondary education in Ketu. I was almost writing my Post_UME when I went for project fame. My intention was to continue my education when I came back from Project Fame.
She took the time to explain the importance of staying and doing well in school with the young girls, the importance of education and especially about giving up her tertiary education to pursue her dream as a singer.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)