Popular singer Chris Brown was paid at least $1m (about N156m) to travel down to Lagos with a 15 man crew last week, NET investigations have revealed.
The Grammy-winning singer stopped over in South Africa, for concerts in Cape Town and Jo’burg, before heading down to Lagos for the show.
The Lagos event, built into Brown’s on-going world tour, was organised by Kilimanjaro Events – same company that promoted Rick Ross and Anita Baker in the past.
Financial details were not made public, but we found that Oando boss Wale Tinubu was a major financier, as well as Etisalat, which provided last minute sponsorship.
Brown was to make a brief appearance at the Oando end-of-year gig, but we’re told that did not happen. It was Brown’s second time in Nigeria, the first being for a THISDAY Music Festival performance a few years ago.
Sources told us the fees ‘could have been more’ if he was required to perform with a live band or if he had to do multiple venues or cities. Although he performed with a DJ and backing track, with two back-up singers and four dancers, he gave a good account of himself, treating fans to almost two hours of a well-planned set that left guests asking for more.
Chris Brown’s tour will continue early next year with a scheduled performance in Cote D’Ivoire.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- L.A.X – Faster
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]