Popular singer Chris Brown was paid at least $1m (about N156m) to travel down to Lagos with a 15 man
crew last week, NET investigations have revealed.
The Grammy-winning singer stopped over in South Africa, for concerts in Cape Town and Jo�burg, before heading down to Lagos for the show.
The Lagos event, built into Brown�s on-going world tour, was organised by Kilimanjaro Events � same company that promoted Rick Ross and Anita Baker in the past.
Financial details were not made public, but we found that Oando boss Wale Tinubu was a major financier, as well as Etisalat, which provided last minute sponsorship.
Brown was to make a brief appearance at the
Oando end-of-year gig, but we�re told that did not happen. It was Brown�s second time in Nigeria, the first being for a THISDAY Music Festival performance a few years ago.
Sources told us the fees �could have been more� if he was required to perform with a live band or if he had to do multiple venues or cities. Although he performed with a DJ and backing track, with two back-up singers and four dancers, he gave a good account of himself, treating fans to almost two hours of a well-planned set that left guests asking for
Chris Brown�s tour will continue early next year with a scheduled performance in Cote D�Ivoire.
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]