The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) group in Nigeria has reacted to a statement issued by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) reportedly asking the National Assembly to compile a list of all Islamic organizations that Nigeria belongs as well as the treaties signed with a view to dropping the religious ones.
MURIC disclosed this through its head, Professor Ishaq Akintola, said the leadership of CAN is only hallucinating.
The group said: �The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) is not a little amused by CAN’s latest demands. CAN is hallucinating.
“It is laughable, untenable, kindergarten and quixotic. This is reminiscent of the eponymous hero of Don Quixote de la mancha. CAN is manifesting symptoms of orubebemantis.
�Orubebemantis is a new virus which compels the victim to hallucinate endlessly, forces him to see only a particular vision earlier set for himself but which fails to materialise and prevents him from recognizing or accepting the reality on ground.
�CAN wants northern states to issue certificates of occupancy (CofOs) to churches in the North whereas South East and South South governments demolish mosques in their states, refuse to grant Muslims CofOs and infringe constantly on Allah-given fundamental human rights of Muslim minorities in their midst.
�For instance, a tertiary institution in the South East has demolished the only mosque on the campus and refused to allow the Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN) to operate.”
The religious organization went further to warn the National Assembly (NASS) to ignore CAN’s call for its intervention. Akintola accused the leaders of CAN of consistently displayed lack of readiness to coexist with Nigerian Muslim saying that the Christian organization wants the country only for itself alone.
�They have refused to listen to the voice of reason. The Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, himself a pastor, told CAN that the allegation of Islamisation is an illusion. CAN refused to listen.
�Femi Falana asked CAN to Christianise Nigeria instead of alleging Islamisation everyday but CAN will not listen.
�Nonetheless, should the NASS show any interest in CAN’s demand, it should beam its floodlight on all western-oriented international organisations like the United Nations (UN) as they have always been used as tools in the hands of Western crusaders while their religious bias is always hidden.”
The group also listed three demands which are:
1. Nigeria should withdraw from all Western oriented international organizations like the UN and WHO;
2. National Assembly should study Nigerian work-free days with a view to dropping the religious ones like Sunday and Saturday (Saturday is also used by the Seventh Day Adventists) and
3. Nigeria should also drop all Christian landmarks like the cross as sign in hospitals, academic gowns in tertiary institutions, wigs and gowns used by lawyers and judges, etc. MURIC reminded the CAN leadership that Nigeria is also Christianised as it is forced to operate a system brought by colonial masters.
�Why are Muslims being forced to write examinations during Jumat service on Fridays? Why are Muslims at the mercy of their employers every Friday? �Is it not because Friday is not a work-free day like Sunday? Muslims have been tolerating all these for so long. Let us start working on Sundays and Fridays for a change and see if CAN will find it funny,” Akintola said.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TareeQ – Medicine [AuDio + ViDeo]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Young Jonn – Incase [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- FloWolf, Dremo & Mayorkun – On A Jay
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Zoro – Church [AuDio]
- Skiibii – Banger ft Reekado Banks [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]