The Commissioner for Home Affairs, Mr. Olanrewaju Elegushi, made this plea in a recent statement in Lagos today.
According to him, there should be continuous maintenance of the suspension status of congregational worship in all religious houses and worship centres all over the state, irrespective of the decision of the Federal Government’s lockdown directive.
He added that because both religions in the state encourage body contact and handshakes, every serious government must do the needful to protect the lives of the people.
His words, ”Considering the number of infected cases currently being handled at various lsolation Centres across the state, the government for now, cannot allow religious gatherings,”
”Since both religions in the state encourage body contact and handshakes, it is only imperative for any responsible government to take the measures Lagos State Government has taken, in order to save lives and protect its citizens.
”In the event that the Federal Government lifts the lockdown order on the state, the state’s earlier suspension of congressional religious gatherings remains, until Lagos State achieves a clean bill of health and clear coast medically.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)