She recently had her say via her social media page, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to her, the couple’s family actual fought against the decision but they stood their ground in the end and their wish prevailed.
Aisha added that after the wedding ceremony, the couple simply gave their guests a bag with food, water, soft drinks and a souvenir.
Aisha Yesufu (born 12 December 1974 in Kano State), is a Nigerian socio-political activist, and co-convener of the Bring Back Our Girls Movement, an advocacy group that brings attention to the abduction of over 200 girls, from a secondary school in Chibok, Nigeria, on 14 April 2014, by the terrorist group Boko Haram.
Yesufu was among the women protestors at Nigeria’s National Assembly, in the nation’s capital, Abuja, on 30 April 2014.
Yesufu has also been at the forefront of the End SARS movement, which draws attention to the excesses of a controversial police unit in the Nigeria Police Force, called the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
Yesufu has said she “would not leave the fight against End SARS protest in Nigeria for her children.”
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Falz – Oga ft Bontle Smith & Sayfar
- Davido – Champion Sound ft Focalistic
- Fanzy Papaya – Goal Goal ft Umu Obiligbo
- Dr Dolor – Notice
- L.A.X – Peru
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Skiibii – Baddest Boy
- Ice Prince & Ckay – Shakara
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Omah Lay – Free My Mind
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape