26-year-old NYSC member, Samuel Udeh, was on Tuesday sentenced to two months imprisonment by an Ado-Ekiti Federal High Court for possessing 50 grammes of Indian hemp.
The prosecuting counsel, Iliya Waji, told the court that Udeh was arrested on November 19, 2012 with 50 grammes of the illicit drug.
Waji said Udeh committed the offence at the NYSC Orientation Camp in Emure-Ekiti.
The offence, he said, contravened Section 11 (c) of the National Drug Laws Enforcement Agency Act, Cap N30, Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 2004.
The accused pleaded guilty to the one-count charge while his counsel, Cletus Nnechetta, prayed the court to temper justice with mercy.
Nnechetta said the accused was remorseful for his actions, adding that he could still be useful to the society as a member of the NYSC.
In his judgement, the presiding judge, Justice Adamu Hobon sentenced Udeh to two months imprison without an option of fine to serve as deterrent to others.
Share your thoughts………….
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]