The Cross River Government spent over N1.5 billion on the going carnival in Calabar, the Chairman of the Cross River State Carnival Commission, Mr Gabe Onah, said on Thursday.
Onah told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Calabar that the money was spent on facilities and logistics for the event.
The chairman said the amount went up because participation of local and foreign visitors had risen, compared to previous years.
He said that facilities provided at the carnival include pavilions for exhibitors, costumes and mobile toilets.
“There is adequate security in the state to erode the negative impression the foreigners have over the insecurity challenges in the country,� he said.
Onah said that part of the money was given to about 30,000 indigenes at the carnival, foreign artists and some other participants.
He expressed the commission’s appreciation to core sponsors of the carnival for making the occasion a success.
�The entire indigenes are so grateful to our core sponsors and grateful for being part of promoting their lives and culture,� he said.�
He thanked Gov. Liyel Imoke for his moral support toward making the carnival successful.
Onah urged government to support the organisers to ensure continuity. The carnival ends on Dec. 31.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]