He recently revealed this in Katsina at the launch of the 2021 Maize Wet Season Farming and first Maize Pyramid in Nigeria.
According to him, bandits’ attacks were the reason for farmers fleeing, but he is grateful to the Federal Government for the current commitment in the fight against banditry, cattle rustling, kidnapping, armed robbery in Nigeria.
He then added that the good news is in spite of the disruptions, farmers recorded good harvest.
His words, “I wish to express our sincere appreciation to the Federal Government for the current commitment in the fight against banditry, cattle rustling, kidnapping, armed robbery, among others.”
“And for initiating the Anchor Borrower Programme, which has supported the government efforts in bringing back the lost glory of the agricultural sector.”
“For maize production, from 2016 to 2019, there has been an increase in the hectares cultivated during the periods.”
“In the last five years, the state has generated 1.2 million short term jobs, for one to six months, and 249, 551 long term jobs from six months and above were created.”
“I hope security agents will do more to enable farmers go back to their farms and plant crops.”
- Rema – Soundgasm
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- TMP – KIZO ft Bella Shmurda
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Fanzy Papaya – ParacetaMoney
- Hanu Jay & Mayorkun – Insane
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Magnito – Phakama ft Mimi South & Iyanya
- L.A.X – Pepe ft Davido
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]