Drake and Rihanna have confirmed their relationship at the just concluded MTV Video Music Awards.
Drake presented Rihanna with her iconic MTV Video Vanguard Award at she show but with a kiss to match.
�The first time I met Robyn Fenty was 2005,” he said.
He continued, �Some artists need to play a character to achieve success. Some need to downplay their own natural instincts to blend in. She succeeds by doing something that no one in this music industry does, which is being herself.”
�She’s someone I’ve been in love with since I was 22 years old,” gushed Drizzy, while calling her one of his �best friends in the world.”
�All my adult life I’ve looked up to her even though she’s younger than me,” he said. �She’s a living, breathing legend in our industry.”
Rihanna on receiving her award gave props to her home country Barbados and her fans. �They’re gonna be so proud. This is the first Vanguard to land anywhere close to my country,” she said
�It started as my dream, but now my success is not my own. It’s my family’s. It’s my fans. It’s my country’s. It’s the Caribbean as a whole. It’s women. It’s black women,” she added.
�There’s so much growth that has happened over the last 11-and-a-half years, and I can’t believe I’m receiving a Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at 28 years old,” said Ri before holding hands with Drake and walking offstage.
�Thank you, MTV. I had so much fun!”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Joe El – Epo ft Zlatan & Davido
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- Ajebo Hustlers – Pronto ft Omah Lay [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Gbona [AuDio]