The NDLEA Commander in Kano State, Dr Ibrahim Abdul revealed this recently, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, the candidates were from 19 of the 44 local government areas of the state, and the screening was in compliance with the state government’s order to ensure that no drug addict would be elected into any public office.
He added that some candidates were found with symptoms of drug abuse, but their names or local governments will not be disclosed.
His words, “I am glad to inform you that Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje had sent names of his appointed commissioners, assistants and advisers for similar screening before confirming their appointments.
“The Emirate Council has also been sending traditional title appointees for screening; therefore, we are always ready to screen any appointee sent to us.
“We have so far screened over 250 candidates both for the chairmanship, deputy chairmanship and councillorship positions.
“We found some of them with symptoms of drug abuse, we will not tell you their names or local governments.
“At the end of the exercise, we will write to the appropriate authorities for further actions.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)